Amended Silicates Technology
Amended Silicates uses an innovative, patented chemical formulation that effectively removes mercury with a simple chemical reaction. The base component is a natural mineral compound that easily amends with metal compounds that have an affinity for mercury. Amended Silicates is produced via natural chemical reactions that allow for low energy consumption during the production process.
Amended Silicates offers economic and environmental advantages not available with other mercury removal products. Amended Silicates delivers an economical, consistent and robust performance across a variety of power plant configuations and operating conditions. Amended Silicates is cost competitive and 100 percent compatible with fly ash use in concrete products.
- Uses a natural mineral compound as its base component
- Manufactured without excessive emissions and energy consumption
- Cost competitive with carbon-based products
- 100% compatible with fly ash use in concrete products
- Non-flammable, non-abrasive
- Effective method of meeting federal/state mercury emissions caps
- Fully compatible with most sorbent injection systems
- Seamless integration with existing DSI systems